Nigel Slater‘s Ripe is a gorgeous object: a heavyweight, clothbound, coffee-table tome that isn’t so much food porn as gastronomic erotica. There are gorgeous photographs throughout, of apricots poaching in fragrant tea and berries swooning on pillows of cream, of lacy stalks of blossom and rough hunks of pie. Ripe makes a pair with Slater’s previous book, Tender, both focused on the garden and the plate. Tender takes you through the cook’s vegetable patch and here, we’re guided through his orchard – a term he admits is generous for his tiny London backyard.
- Well, that's not creepy, Canada. instagram.com/p/r1spPMpOmg/ 3 days ago
- I always sent my NYU students there instead of the crap college "book"store. Should have assigned more $100 textbooks! @sklose @doorsixteen 5 days ago
- LAS-->JFK. Had a blast at #TCONA4 - so proud of my @chicobangs & grateful to all the awesome players who made it great. 1 week ago
- Vintage LV advertising instagram.com/p/rkZRrSpOkV/ 1 week ago
- JFK --> LAS. #toodamnearly 2 weeks ago
What do you want to do?