Nigel Slater‘s Ripe is a gorgeous object: a heavyweight, clothbound, coffee-table tome that isn’t so much food porn as gastronomic erotica. There are gorgeous photographs throughout, of apricots poaching in fragrant tea and berries swooning on pillows of cream, of lacy stalks of blossom and rough hunks of pie. Ripe makes a pair with Slater’s previous book, Tender, both focused on the garden and the plate. Tender takes you through the cook’s vegetable patch and here, we’re guided through his orchard – a term he admits is generous for his tiny London backyard.
- Sundown. instagram.com/p/ydCpBCJOij/ 12 hours ago
- I have bought a pair of snow boots called "Renata" and now I am a little intimidated by them. 13 hours ago
- RT @TriviaNYC: Sat 2/7 - Drunk Vocab Bee at @AstoriaCoffeeNY w judges @beth_parker @lexiatwork & AC's Dennis, & @chicobangs MCing: https://… 2 days ago
- Spending my snow day reading about sexual cannibalism and the chromosomal defect that is maleness. #science #yesallmen #sorrychaps 2 days ago
- Ciao LA instagram.com/p/ySkhyyJOtN/ 4 days ago
What do you want to do?