Nigel Slater‘s Ripe is a gorgeous object: a heavyweight, clothbound, coffee-table tome that isn’t so much food porn as gastronomic erotica. There are gorgeous photographs throughout, of apricots poaching in fragrant tea and berries swooning on pillows of cream, of lacy stalks of blossom and rough hunks of pie. Ripe makes a pair with Slater’s previous book, Tender, both focused on the garden and the plate. Tender takes you through the cook’s vegetable patch and here, we’re guided through his orchard – a term he admits is generous for his tiny London backyard.
- Slow going through this because I keep stopping to yell OMG YES. instagram.com/p/1oXsq6JOhl/ 18 hours ago
- Nailbiter! If I am correct about "pollarding" I am through to the final... 1 day ago
- 9pm & we just reached a reference to Chthulu. #DVB2 @TriviaNYC 1 day ago
- Falling at the second round @ #DVB2. Define "nictate" for me, Twitter... @TriviaNYC @astoriabooks 1 day ago
- Yr glamorous judges & host #DVB2 @trivianyc @astoriabooks blparker81 instagram.com/p/1mCpIsJOjv/ 1 day ago
What do you want to do?