So, it looks like it’s going to be a warm and sunny weekend here in New York, now that the threatened hurricanes have passed by. Toasting summer is easy with a negroni, the drink I have been unable to stop thinking about since reading Gabrielle Hamilton’s Blood, Bones and Butter (which I review here.) It also seems to be the fashionable cocktail du jour, along with other amaro-based concoctions, but it’s a classic – tart, fragrant, punch-packing and a breeze to make. Simply combine equal parts (1oz) gin, Campari and sweet vermouth and pour over a big hunk of ice. Garnish with a slice of orange. If you want the drink a little longer and more gentle, an Americano is basically the same thing with the gin swapped out for soda water. Happy summer!
- Balls!! instagram.com/p/ujnd-_JOrA/ 8 hours ago
- Yay, new News Quiz! Few things make me homesick like Sandi Toksvig taking the piss out of UKIP. 9 hours ago
- It begins.. http://t.co/0Mlu8hqaLj 13 hours ago
- Stop calling it Friendsgiving. #seasonalannoyances 15 hours ago
- But what kind of punch, and can we have some? Congrats! MT @vidiot_: Pleased as Punch to find that I passed @BarSmarts Advanced last week! 1 day ago
What do you want to do?