So, it looks like it’s going to be a warm and sunny weekend here in New York, now that the threatened hurricanes have passed by. Toasting summer is easy with a negroni, the drink I have been unable to stop thinking about since reading Gabrielle Hamilton’s Blood, Bones and Butter (which I review here.) It also seems to be the fashionable cocktail du jour, along with other amaro-based concoctions, but it’s a classic – tart, fragrant, punch-packing and a breeze to make. Simply combine equal parts (1oz) gin, Campari and sweet vermouth and pour over a big hunk of ice. Garnish with a slice of orange. If you want the drink a little longer and more gentle, an Americano is basically the same thing with the gin swapped out for soda water. Happy summer!
- Well-earned post-Quiz Cup brunch at Sparrow. #qcny #Astoria instagram.com/p/00MWkRJOtJ/ 1 hour ago
- Sorry, @meghan_daum! 1 day ago
- Heading to @Columbia for all-star essay conference. First up, @lsjamison, @Meghandaum & "the new essay" arts.columbia.edu/writing/events… #nerdweekend 1 day ago
- Puddle jumping, 1930s Berlin-style. #MoMA #latergram instagram.com/p/0warJsJOqG/ 1 day ago
- File under: subjects for further research. instagram.com/p/0waQvlJOpR/ 1 day ago
What do you want to do?