So, it looks like it’s going to be a warm and sunny weekend here in New York, now that the threatened hurricanes have passed by. Toasting summer is easy with a negroni, the drink I have been unable to stop thinking about since reading Gabrielle Hamilton’s Blood, Bones and Butter (which I review here.) It also seems to be the fashionable cocktail du jour, along with other amaro-based concoctions, but it’s a classic – tart, fragrant, punch-packing and a breeze to make. Simply combine equal parts (1oz) gin, Campari and sweet vermouth and pour over a big hunk of ice. Garnish with a slice of orange. If you want the drink a little longer and more gentle, an Americano is basically the same thing with the gin swapped out for soda water. Happy summer!
- Biggest unsolved #Serial mystery: why that lady can't pronounce "Mail Chimp" 21 hours ago
- I'm reading a book called "Men" so of course @chicobangs finds a Japanese short from 1948 called "Woman" to watch. 2 days ago
- Dorky tourist pic!! RT “@chicobangs: We saw @Letterman for the first time tonight. It was... kind of great. http://t.co/QtIh6GdwBc” #fb 2 days ago
- Saw James Corden (meh), TV On The Radio (fab) and... goddamn Norman Lear (!!) at Letterman taping today. http://t.co/2icZ0w2NYc #fb 2 days ago
- Entirely too much fun at the #NBAward after party. Thanks @pwmorris @RachelFersh & everyone for bounteous rivers of Prosecco. 3 days ago
What do you want to do?