So, it looks like it’s going to be a warm and sunny weekend here in New York, now that the threatened hurricanes have passed by. Toasting summer is easy with a negroni, the drink I have been unable to stop thinking about since reading Gabrielle Hamilton’s Blood, Bones and Butter (which I review here.) It also seems to be the fashionable cocktail du jour, along with other amaro-based concoctions, but it’s a classic – tart, fragrant, punch-packing and a breeze to make. Simply combine equal parts (1oz) gin, Campari and sweet vermouth and pour over a big hunk of ice. Garnish with a slice of orange. If you want the drink a little longer and more gentle, an Americano is basically the same thing with the gin swapped out for soda water. Happy summer!
- RT @TriviaNYC: Sat 2/7 - Drunk Vocab Bee at @AstoriaCoffeeNY w judges @beth_parker @lexiatwork & AC's Dennis, & @chicobangs MCing: https://… 3 hours ago
- Spending my snow day reading about sexual cannibalism and the chromosomal defect that is maleness. #science #yesallmen #sorrychaps 4 hours ago
- Ciao LA instagram.com/p/ySkhyyJOtN/ 2 days ago
- Chuck Close at Pepperdine. instagram.com/p/yP-ntopOvA/ 3 days ago
- From the department of backhanded compliments, Kitson instagram.com/p/yNYDbwJOoe/ 4 days ago
What do you want to do?