So, it looks like it’s going to be a warm and sunny weekend here in New York, now that the threatened hurricanes have passed by. Toasting summer is easy with a negroni, the drink I have been unable to stop thinking about since reading Gabrielle Hamilton’s Blood, Bones and Butter (which I review here.) It also seems to be the fashionable cocktail du jour, along with other amaro-based concoctions, but it’s a classic – tart, fragrant, punch-packing and a breeze to make. Simply combine equal parts (1oz) gin, Campari and sweet vermouth and pour over a big hunk of ice. Garnish with a slice of orange. If you want the drink a little longer and more gentle, an Americano is basically the same thing with the gin swapped out for soda water. Happy summer!
- Affogato research astoriacoffee instagram.com/p/sdMS-MpOgI/ 5 hours ago
- Raise your hand if you're wearing white, because you're a maverick who lives on the edge! 10 hours ago
- Forgot how stressed out I get by magazines' "fall preview" issues. 2 days ago
- Brooklyn sunset instagram.com/p/sTTDQfJOh5/ 4 days ago
- Beautiful day to explore #prospectpark instagram.com/p/sSxpZ0pOte/ 4 days ago
What do you want to do?